Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You can have Sourdough bun using 5 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sourdough bun
- It’s 3 tbsp of sourdough starter (strong).
- Prepare 150 gr of bread flour.
- You need 50 gr of whole wheat flour.
- You need 100-120 ml of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
Sourdough bun instructions
- Mix the starter with 50 ml room temperature water..
- Add the flour on top of starter. Mix them well and add the rest of water..
- Mix it well and if it is really too sticky to handle, add 1 tbsp flour..
- Keep it aside / autolyse for 30 minutes..
- After 30 minutes, add 1/2 tsp salt. Remove the dough out to the counter. Stretch and fold the dough for 5-8 minutes until it is smooth and elastic..
- Grease a bowl with a tsp oil. Place the dough into the bowl. Cover with wet towel and place in the fridge overnight..
- The next morning, remove the dough out to the counter. Slightly flour dusted the counter and dough..
- Divide the dough into 4-5 pieces. Shape it into ball and place it on the plate or tray..
- Cover them with dry towel. Proof them for 1-2 hours..
- After 1-2 hours, prepare a non-stick pan. Grease the pan with little oil. Heat it with low level..
- Score the bread with sharp knife..
- Place the dough into the pan. Cover the pan if it is possible with lid or plate..
- Bake the bun with lid for 5-6 minutes. Open the lid and have a look. The bun will expand (if it is in the oven, it names oven spring). The bottom of buns should be golden brown and you may flip it..
- Bake another side for another 5 minutes. Bake the side of bun by rolling them on the pan/standing it on the pan..
- Transfer it to the rack. Let it cool down for 5-10 minutes. Slice it and use it to make chicken muffin sandwich..