Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Gulab jamun. Learn how to make Gulab Jamun at home with Chef Smita Deo on Get Curried. This Diwali, treat your brother with this delicious sweet specially made by you. Gulab jamun is a classic Indian sweet.
Gulab Jamun is a traditional dessert that is popular in South Asian countries such as India and Pakistan, as well as Caribbean countries such as Trinidad and Jamaica. Gulab Jamun is one of India's most popular sweet. These deep-fried dumplings/donuts made of dried milk [khoya] are dipped in a rose-cardamom flavored sugar syrup and make quite a treat. You can cook Gulab jamun using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gulab jamun
- It’s of Ingredients for syrup.
- It’s 500 gm of sugar.
- It’s 500 ml of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of rose water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of saffron.
- It’s of For chenna.
- Prepare 2 litre of full fat milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need of Other ingredients.
- You need 200 gms of chenna.
- Prepare 200 gms of mawa.
- It’s 50 gms of maida/all-purpose flour.
- It’s pinch of saffron.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of elaichi(cardamom) powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare as needed of Ghee for frying.
- You need Handful of chopped pistachios.
Gulab Jamun is the most popular Indian dessert. Gulab Jamun's are deep fried donut-like balls, soaked in sweet rose flavored syrup. They are so delicious and taste absolutely heavenly. Gulab Jamun with Khoya: Gulab Jamun literally translated to rose berries, while rose means gulab and jamun are deep purple colour berries.
Gulab jamun instructions
- In a pan take the sugar and water. Let it come to a good boil. Simmer and continue cooking till it gets thick. Remove from flame and let it cool down,add the saffron and rose water. Set aside..
- Mix the lemon juice in the water and set aside. In a saucepan heat the milk. Just before it starts to boil add the diluted llemon juice and mix well with a spoon. The milk will curdle and the chenna will separate from it. Strain out the chenna in a muslin cloth onyo a colander and let all the water strain out for 15 to 20 minutes..
- Mix together the chenna and mawa well. Add the maida, sugar, elaichi powder and baking powder and knead till you get a smooth and soft dough. Make small balls of the dough.Flatten each dough between your palms and stuff with a bit of pista and 1 or 2 strands of kesar. Form them into smooth, crack free balls..
- Deep fry the balls into medium hot ghee till brown..
- Strain and soak them into the sugar syrup for 3 to 4 hours. Enjoy!.
Gulab Jamun is easily the most popular and loved dessert in India. Gulab jamun is best described as an Indian version of a donut immersed in a sweet syrup. Gulab jamun recipe is especially dear to me. Gulab Jamun is a legendary Indian sweet. In this surefire recipe, the delicate, spongy and melt-in-your-mouth berry sized deep-fried milk based balls are dunked into the skillfully flavored sugar syrup.