Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Chocolate Pumpkin Layer Cake.
You can have Chocolate Pumpkin Layer Cake using 29 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Pumpkin Layer Cake
- You need of THE CAKE.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of unseetenedcocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 4 tsp of ground coffee instant granules.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 of 15 ounce can pumpkin puree, pure unflavored.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 10 oz of unsalted butter, at room temperature. ( 2 1/4 sticks ).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 5 of large eggs.
- Prepare of CREAM CHEESE BUTTERCREAM PUMPKIN SPICEFROSTING.
- Prepare 4 oz of saltedbutter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 of 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of drops of orange food color.
- Prepare of CHOCOLATE GANACHE GLAZE4.
- It’s 4 oz of semi sweet chocolate, chopped or chips.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare of GARNISH.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of orange and black sprinkles.
Chocolate Pumpkin Layer Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 3 8- imch cake pans well with bakers spray.
- In a bowl whisk together, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt cinnamon and coffee granules, set aside.
- In another bowl whisk togeth r r the buttermilk, sour cream, pumpkin puree and vanilla, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter and b both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating in after each egg then alternate adding flour mixture with buttermilk / pumpkin mixture in three additions mixing well but not overmixing.
- Dividebatter evenly between prepared pans, smoothing tops.Cook for 30 to 35 minutes until toothpick comes out just clean, cool in pans on rack 10 minutes then run a knife around edges and remove from pans to cool completely.
- Beat together in a large bow, cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Beat in confectioner's sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and vanilla until light andcreamy, add drops of orange food color to make it as orange as you want.
- FROST CAKE, place one cooled cake layer on serving plate, bottom up and add some frosting.
- Add second layer, bottom up and frost.
- Add third layer, also bottom up and frost entire cake. Refigerate cake at least 1 hour before glazing.
- MAKE GLAZE. Heat cream until hot but not boiling , pour over chopped chocolate in a bowl and stir until smooth.
- . Let glaze sit until it thickens to a spoon able glaze, about 35 minutes. Spoon over cake allowing chocolate to slide down sides of cake. Garnish with sprinkles while the chocolate is wet so they will stick. Refigerate to set chocolate at least an hour before cutting cake.