Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Potato stuffed bread with sourdough starter.
You can have Potato stuffed bread with sourdough starter using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato stuffed bread with sourdough starter
- It’s of Starter feeding:.
- You need of cold starter from fridge.
- It’s of all purpose flour.
- You need of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of Dough ingredients:.
- You need of all purpose flour.
- You need of whole wheat flour.
- You need of water.
- You need of salt – given after autolyse.
- It’s of oil (olive oil / vegetable oil) – given after autolyse.
- It’s of Potatoes Stuffing:.
- Prepare of boiled and mashed potatoes.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of chili powder.
- It’s of coriander powder.
- It’s of cumin powder (optional).
- Prepare of chili.
- It’s of chopped onion.
- It’s of oil.
- It’s of water.
Potato stuffed bread with sourdough starter instructions
- Mix the starter feeding ingredients in a bowl and let it be in room temperature for 2-3 hours. It will be double in volume. The starter is happy for you to use them..
- When the starter is double in volume, mix it all togehter with 150 gr mixed flour and 75 ml water. Mix them well and form it as a ball of dough. It will be sticky and let it be sticky. Cover the bowl with towel. Keep it in room temperature for 30-40 minutes (Autolyse phase).
- After 30-40 minutes, Give 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp oil to the dough. Mix them well by folding the dough. Form a dough. Let it rest in room temperature for 30 minutes..
- Cover the bowl with wet towel. Place the bowl in the fridge for overnight cold fermentation..
- Bring it out to the counter top when you are ready to bake. Punch down the dough. On lightly flour dusted counter, divide the dough into 4 pieces and shape it as ball. Let it do bench rest while preparing the potatoes..
- Prepare the potatoes for the stuffing: In a non-stick pan, heat the oil and add the chopped onion, chili. Stir it for 1 minutes. Add the mashed potatoes, spices (salt, chili powder, coriander & cumin powder). Mix them well. Add some water and cook it until it is homogenised with the spices and the water is dried out. Transfer it out to the plate. Let it cool down for 5 minutes..
- Take one piece of the dough, roll it flat (not too thin – 1 cm thickness). If the dough is very sticky, sprinkle flour on surface of the dough and the counter top/table..
- Take one tablespoon of the mashed potatoes. Place it in the middle and cover it with the dough. Pinch it in the middle. Form a flat ball. Roll it flat with rolling pin. Do not press it too hard, it will cause the dough broken/ form a hole. Use your gently feeling and roll it flat..
- Heat your non-stick pan with 1 teaspoon cooking oil. Place the flat stuffed dough on the pan. Bake it with medium heat on both side for 1-2 minutes. It will puff and push out some steams. It was awesome to see it puffed. To make it crispy, add another teaspoon cooking oil on other side of the bread while baking it..
- Transfer it out to the plate and continue to bake another paratha..
- Serve it with any condiments such as chutney / yogurt..