Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Eton Mess Cheesecake.
You can have Eton Mess Cheesecake using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eton Mess Cheesecake
- Prepare 200 g of digestive biscuits.
- You need 75 g of unsalted butter.
- It’s 60 g of icing sugar.
- Prepare 300 g of cream cheese, at room temperature.
- Prepare 250 ml of double cream.
- Prepare of strawberries to decorate.
- You need 6 of meringue nests.
Eton Mess Cheesecake instructions
- Place the biscuits into a food processor & blitz to fine crumbs. Alternatively put them into a zip top bag & bash with a rolling pin. Melt the butter in a saucepan then take off the heat & allow to cool for 2 minutes. With the processor running pour in the melted butter & mix until combined (or combine in a large bowl). Tip the buttery crumbs into a loose bottomed cake tin & spread out evenly with the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to set for 2 hours..
- Take 4 of the meringue nests & place into a bowl. Crush them with the end of a rolling pin but not too fine. Put the cream cheese into a large bowl along with the icing sugar & beat together until smooth. In another bowl whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks. Fold the cream into the cheese then fold in the crushed meringue..
- Remove the biscuit base from the fridge. Tip the cream cheese mixture on top of the base & spread it out evenly with the back of a spoon. Place back in fridge for 1 hour to set..
- After an hour take the cheesecake out of the fridge & decorate with the strawberries & remaining meringue however you like. Keep in the fridge but remove about 20 minutes before you want to eat it. Best enjoyed on the day as the meringue stays crunchy but does keep for about 2 days in the fridge..