Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Foolproof Crème Caramels (with easy ingredient ratios).
You can cook Foolproof Crème Caramels (with easy ingredient ratios) using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Foolproof Crème Caramels (with easy ingredient ratios)
- You need 400 ml of Milk.
- It’s 2 of Eggs (whole).
- Prepare 40 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of few drops Vanilla essence.
- Prepare 40 grams of ●Sugar for the caramel.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ●Water for the caramel.
- You need 1 of to 2 tablespoons ●Water for the caramel (additional).
Foolproof Crème Caramels (with easy ingredient ratios) instructions
- Make the caramel sauce. Please refer to. Don't wash the pan out, and leave it as-is (with the caramel still stuck to it)..
- Beat the two eggs in a large bowl..
- Add the milk and sugar to the Step 1 pan and heat to dissolve the sugar. Take it off the heat just before it comes to a boil, and pour on top of the Step 2 beaten eggs. If the milk is too hot here, the eggs will coagulate, so watch out. Add the milk as you mix the egg with a whisk..
- Strain the Step 3 liquid through a strainer. It's a bother to do this, but if you don't the pudding won't be smooth..
- Pour the Step 1 caramel sauce in pudding cups, and pour the pudding mixture from Step 4 into them slowly. I use glass cups so I can see the puddings in them, but you can use aluminium cups of course..
- Make the cooking pan ready. Fill a large pan with enough water to come about halfway to 2/3 up the sides of the pudding cups. Cover the pudding cups with aluminium foil. Put the pudding cups in the prepared pan..
- The heat should be very, very low. The water should not boil enough for the pan to shake around and make noise. Cover the pan with a lid, but leave it a bit ajar, not closed up completely. Cook it like this for 10 to 15 minutes..
- After 10 to 15 minutes, take one of the puddings out. If the pudding does not run if you tilt the cup and the center is not totally liquid, it's good. Turn the heat off, cover the pan totally with the lid this time, and leave as-is for 2 to 3 hours. (The puddings will set more with the residual heat of the water. ).
- Chill the puddings in the refrigerator to finish. The caramel sauce may be rather stiff, so the puddings taste better if you let them sit for a day, when the sauce will have melted properly..
- If you are worried about spoilage in Step 8 in the hot summer months, as soon as the pudding cups have cooled down enough to handle them, cool them rapidly in ice water and refrigerate..