Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Portuguese Christmas Flan.
You can have Portuguese Christmas Flan using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Portuguese Christmas Flan
- Prepare 330 grams of sugar.
- You need 1 can of condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 liter of warm milk.
- You need 100 ml of Porto Wine.
- It’s 6 of egg whites.
- Prepare 4 of egg yolks.
- You need 4 tbsp of cornflour.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 150 ml of water.
Portuguese Christmas Flan step by step
- Heat 150 grams of the sugar over a low heat until it has turned into caramel/syrup like consistency..
- Add the water in bit by bit stirring often until the caramel becomes lighter in colour..
- Transfer to a deep tray that will be used for the pudding..
- Always stirring bring to boiling point the condensed milk, yolks, 60 grams of the remaining sugar, cornflour, porto wine and lastly slowly pour the milk into the pan..
- Slowly pour the mixture into the tray over the caramel and let it cool down..
- Heat the oven to 180 c..
- Using an electrical beater, beat the egg whites. Once the mixture is almost firm, bit by bit add in the rest of the sugar always mixing..
- Add the cinnamon and continue beating until the egg whites are really firm and a meringue like consistency..
- Spoon the egg whites over the pudding mixture. Smooth it down with the spoon..
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the egg whites have turned golden brown. Use your own judgement on how well done you want the egg whites..
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely..
- Serve and enjoy..