Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You can cook Mocha Cake using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mocha Cake
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cups of white sugar.
- It’s 2/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of instant coffee or espresso powder.
- You need 1 cup of hot water.
Mocha Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9 inch round cake pans..
- Measure flour, sugar, cocoa, oil, eggs, buttermilk, baking powder, soda, and salt into a mixing bowl. Dissolve instant coffee in hot water, and add to mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes until smooth; batter will be thin. Pour into prepared pans..
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto racks to cool completely..
- Frost cooled cake with Coffee Icing. After frosting, melt some semisweet chocolate baking squares or chips in a double boiler. Drizzle chocolate around top outside edges letting it run down sides, or over top of cake..