Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Amish Friendship Bread Starter.
You can have Amish Friendship Bread Starter using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- It’s of (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast.
- Prepare of warm water (110 f. degrees).
- Prepare of all purpose flour, divided.
- It’s of white sugar, divided.
- It’s of milk, divided.
Amish Friendship Bread Starter instructions
- Place warm water and yeast in small bowl. Let set for 10 minutes..
- In a 2 quart bowl, needs to be glass or plastic. Do Not use metal bowl or spoon. Mix one cup flour with one cup sugar, mix well. Then add one cup milk slowly and keep stirring, until mixed well.
- Add in the yeast mixture and mix well..
- You can cover the bowl and leave on counter. I put mine in gallon size plastic resealable bag. This is day 1.
- On days 2, 3, and 4 stir if left in bowl. I knead the plastic bag and burp the bag. Open and let air out. Reseal.
- On 5th day, you mix a cup of flour with cup of sugar, mix well. Add cup of milk slowly and mix well. Add to mix in bowl or plastic bag and mix well.
- Then on day 6, 7, 8, and 9th, stir the mixture if left in bowl or knead plastic bag. With bag burp it.
- On the 10th day you mix another cup of flour with another cup of sugar, mix well. Add another cup of milk. Add this to you mixture in bowl. If you used the plastic bag pour the mixture from bag into bowl with the flour, sugar and milk mixture you just made. Now your ready to make some bread..
- I divide the mixture into 1 cup plastic dishes with lids and freeze them to use later. I think 4 to 6 cups. I don't remember. Need to make more one left. Take out let set 3 hours to thaw..
- Sorry had to do two separate recipes, don't know how to put them together..