Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Tuna flan. Add flaked tuna fish and parsley. Serve Matthew Flinders Flan hot or cold with. This Flan recipe is similar to a quiche, without the crust, and reminds me a bit of tuna casserole, but without the high-calorie ingredients.
Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Whip whites until stiff and fold carefully into tuna mixture. This version of Tuna Flan (an open pie) is ideal when you have some left over creamed potatoes from a previous meal. You can cook Tuna flan using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuna flan
- It’s of Casing.
- Prepare 225 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 110 g of butter.
- Prepare 110 g of cheese (I used strong cheddar).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- You need handful of chopped nuts (optional).
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 2 tins of tuna (145g each).
- Prepare 1 of small onion – chopped very finely.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 145 ml of soured cream.
- Prepare dash of worcester sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 of large red pepper, chopped.
- It’s handful of chopped parsley.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s of Equipment.
- It’s tin of (preferably flan tin with removable base) – 25cm diameter.
If not, just make some using this recipe. A tuna flan!" BTW, I think you call it "pudding" right?. Ahahah that's really cool idea!!ahh a flan is like a pudding? Haha somtimes when we play around with at amazing stuff comes out in the end.
Tuna flan step by step
- Add the flour to a bowl. Cut the butter into small squares and add to the bowl with the flour with a pinch of salt. Mix together – either rub the butter into the flour with your fingers or you can use a food processor with the plastic blade as I did. Mix until the consistency is like breadcrumbs..
- Add the rest of the casing ingredients to the flour/butter mixture and mix well with a spoon..
- Reserve 1/2 – 1 cup's worth of the casing mixture for sprinkling onto the top of the flan later. Add the rest of the mixture into the flan dish, and press into the tin with your hands to make the flan casing..
- Mix all the filling ingredients together in a bowl, and pour into the tin..
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 200 c. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a while before eating – can be eaten warm or cold..
Leche flan and tuna carbonara recipe which I prepped for Noche Buena. First time ko gumawa ng madaming leche flan. A delicious, unusual combination of tuna, creamy yoghurt and cheese in shortcrust pastry. In a bowl, mix the cream of mushroom with the eggs until smooth. Then, as for ingredients, tomatoes and tuna are the basis of your flan.