Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Multigrain sourdough bread.
You can cook Multigrain sourdough bread using 6 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Multigrain sourdough bread
- It’s 3 kg of strong flour.
- Prepare 1,5 kg of multigrain whole-wheat flour.
- You need 2,5 l of water.
- It’s 4 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare of sourdough starter.
- It’s 6 loaf of pans of 1 kg.
Multigrain sourdough bread instructions
- If you can't get any sourdough starter, here is the recipe, simple and easy!.
- Feed your starter, (that you have left from the last time you made bread) from the previous evening. Using a large bowl, mix it with half a litre of lukewarm water so that it dissolves completely. Then add half a kg strong flour, part of the amount that you will use the next day. Mix. Cover and let it sit someplace warm. You can add some honey at this stage if you aren't making this recipe vegan. I use 2-3 tbsp chestnut honey! It really helps the dough and you can taste its strong flavor in the baked bread. Some people use sugar that also helps the dough and doesn't have any flavor or any particular characteristic that might annoy those who are too picky!.
- The next day, place in a large bowlthe remaining 2 1/2 kg strong flour, 1 1/2 kg multigrain flour. Mix the flours..
- Add 1 l lukewarm water to the bowl with the sourdough starter and mix..
- Add the 4 tbsp salt to the second litre of lukewarm water and stir to dissolve. Set it aside. You will add it last to the mixture..
- Make a well in the flour and pour in the watered down sourdough starter. Mix..
- Add the water with the salt a while later..
- Knead for another 10-12 minutes (if for some reason the dough is firm, add very little water, half a handful a time. If the dough gets too soft and sticky, sprinkle a little more flour on it. But this is good for the bread it will get more fluffy!). At this point, add a little oil, if you want the crust to be more crispy and hard..
- Cover and set aside to rest for half an hour (as if it got tired working…)..
- Half an hour later, knead it a bit more, set aside to rest for a quarter of an hour and then place it on a surface lightly dusted with flour. Keep a piece (100-200 g) as a starter for the next bread that you will make..
- Cut 6 uniform pieces. Work them for a while spreading and folding them and form them into somewhat long shapes!.
- Place them into 1 kg bread pans. Oil them if they are not non-stick ones..
- Cover and keep warm for 2 hours in the summer. And in the winter 3! You want it to rise and practically fill the bread pan..
- Preheat the oven to full!! It should be really hot! Place a small empty baking tray at the bottom..
- Score the dough with a sharp knife or razor..
- Place it quickly in the bread pans and pour 1 cup of hot water in the baking try so that there is steam in the oven. Lower the temperature to 200°C and let them bake for 55 minutes..
- When the bread is out of the oven, cover it..
- Let it cool down gradually because it is still baking. Don't cut it while it is still hot!! (If it is possible…). Enjoy!.