Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Gulab jamun. Learn how to make Gulab Jamun at home with Chef Smita Deo on Get Curried. This Diwali, treat your brother with this delicious sweet specially made by you. Gulab jamun is a classic Indian sweet.
Gulab Jamun is a traditional dessert that is popular in South Asian countries such as India and Pakistan, as well as Caribbean countries such as Trinidad and Jamaica. Gulab Jamun is one of India's most popular sweet. These deep-fried dumplings/donuts made of dried milk [khoya] are dipped in a rose-cardamom flavored sugar syrup and make quite a treat. You can have Gulab jamun using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gulab jamun
- You need 150 grams of gulab jamun mix powder(store bought).
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need 2 tsp of crushed nuts for garnishing.
- It’s as needed of water to prepare dough.
- You need as needed of oil for deep frying.
Gulab Jamun is the most popular Indian dessert. Gulab Jamun's are deep fried donut-like balls, soaked in sweet rose flavored syrup. They are so delicious and taste absolutely heavenly. Gulab Jamun with Khoya: Gulab Jamun literally translated to rose berries, while rose means gulab and jamun are deep purple colour berries.
Gulab jamun instructions
- In a mixing bowl add gulab jamun mix powder add little water at a time and prepare the soft dough, cover with a lid and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Take one cup sugar in a bowl add one cup water, let it boil about 5 minutes till syrup gets little sticky consistency,add cardamom powder and turn off the flame.
- Now apply little oil to your palms, make small balls out of the dough..
- Heat up the oil in a deep pan on a low flame, make sure oil dsn't smoke, add balls and deep fry them until golden brown, add these balls in to warm sugar syrup, let it rest in the syrup for at least an hour, garnish with some crushed nuts and your delicious gulab jamuns are ready to serve..
Gulab Jamun is easily the most popular and loved dessert in India. Gulab jamun is best described as an Indian version of a donut immersed in a sweet syrup. Gulab jamun recipe is especially dear to me. Gulab Jamun is a legendary Indian sweet. In this surefire recipe, the delicate, spongy and melt-in-your-mouth berry sized deep-fried milk based balls are dunked into the skillfully flavored sugar syrup.