Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Chilli con carne.
You can have Chilli con carne using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chilli con carne
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef (80/20).
- It’s 2 links (1/4 lb) of beer bratwurst.
- It’s 1 of large sweet onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 can of Mexican beer, such as Modelo Especial.
- You need 1 (28 oz) of can whole roasted tomatoes.
- You need 1-2 cups of chicken or beef stock.
- It’s 1 can of ranchero-style pinto beans (like La Costeña brand).
- Prepare of Spice mix.
- It’s 1 tsp of Aleppo chile powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chipotle chile powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- It’s Pinch of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ground cumin (comino).
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of cornmeal.
- You need 1 tsp of instant coffee (or 1 shot prepped espresso).
- Prepare of to taste Salt and pepper.
Chilli con carne instructions
- For spice blend: Combine all spices in a small bowl. If using whole spices/chiles, toast and grind separately first..
- Blend can of tomatoes in a food mill, processor, or blender. Add to a Crock-Pot with chicken/beef stock and set to high..
- Add beef to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove sausage from casings and add to beef, breaking both up to create a more homogeneous blend. Stir occasionally, allowing fat to release from meat..
- When meat is beginning to brown, add onion and garlic. Cook until meat is well browned and onion is soft and translucent..
- Add spice mix to meat, beginning with half and tasting to see if you desire more (I always use it all). Add tomato paste and allow to cook, stirring constantly, until spices are toasted and well combined (about 1-2 min)..
- Add meat mixture to crockpot and stir. Deglaze pan with the beer and allow alcohol to evaporate (there should be a lot of great fond to scrape up!). Add this to the Crock-Pot when beginning to take on a syrupy texture..
- Add beans to Crock-Pot. Turn Crock-Pot to low and cover. Allow to simmer for 2-4 hours, until thick and delicious. Add salt and pepper to taste (don't add salt previous to this step!)..
- Serve hot, topped with cheese and sour cream. Served on top of Fritos, it's a killer Frito Pie. Served with cornbread, it's an incredible meal that will warm body and soul in wintertime..