Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Slightly Different Deviled Eggs.
You can cook Slightly Different Deviled Eggs using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slightly Different Deviled Eggs
- Prepare 1 dozen of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of capers.
- You need of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
Slightly Different Deviled Eggs step by step
- Get a steamer goin strong. Make sure it's big enough to accommodate all of your eggs..
- When you've got plenty of steam going, arrange your eggs inside and set a timer for 10 minutes..
- Get a bow of ice water ready..
- At the 10 minute alarm, move your eggs to the ice water. You can clean up your steamer and put it away while you're waiting for the eggs to cool..
- Add about 1/2 inch of water to a large mason jar. When your eggs are cool, place them, 2-3 at a time in the jar, cap it off, and shake it gently to crush the shells. Work through your whole batch of eggs..
- Now carefully peel and rinse your eggs. This is always a craps shoot. There are a million tricks out there for making perfect, easy-to-peel hard boiled eggs. Some of them work… Some of the time… I think it's mostly got to do with luck and care. I do think steaming helps, and shocking them in ice water, but no guarantee..
- Now you've got the 12 perfectly cooked, perfectly peeled hard boiled eggs, right? Slice each in half lengthwise and pop the yolks out into a bowl..
- Add the remaining ingredients to the yolks and mix with a fork. You just want to break up the yolks and disperse the ingredients evenly. The mix should stay kinda chunky..
- Make any seasoning adjustments you need, then spoon a bit of this mix into each egg white. Add a little sprinkle of smoked paprika and send 'em out..