Baklava. Baklava (in Azerbaijani it is Pakhlava) is very popular in Azerbaijan. Baklava is a sweet of pastry, nuts and honey. Get the best recipe from Wilderness.
The iconic Baklava is astonishingly straight forward to make! The iconic Baklava is my all time favourite pastry that I can't get enough of. You'll love how homemade Baklava is not overly sweet and. You can have Baklava using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baklava
- You need 1 of pounch chopped nuts.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 package of phyllo sheets.
- Prepare 1 cup of melted butter.
- You need 1 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1 tsp of grated lemon zest.
Baklava is yummy.but it's yummiest when it's homemade. Learn how to make baklava right here using Ree Drummond's easy Baklava. This is the perfect Christmas dessert to gift to others. Baklava is a Mediterranean dessert with layers of phyllo dough, nuts and honey.
Baklava step by step
- Preheat oven at 180°c.
- Butter a rectangular baking dish in which phyllo sheets cab fit easily.
- Toss together cinnamon and nuts.
- Unroll phyllo and divide whole stacks into two portion i.e if there are 20 sheets then divide it into 10-10.
- Then cover these sheets with samp cloth to maintain moisture and avoid from drying out.
- Place two phyllo sheets in the prepared dish bottom and butter them generously.
- Sprinkle 2-3tbsp of nut mixture on that.
- Then repeart the layer of two phyllo sheets on that and then again butter it and place nuts on that and repeat same procedure untill all material gets finished and the top layer should be of phyllo only i.e no nuts on top.
- Now using a knife cut baklava into four or five long rows nad nine to 11 times diagonally to make 36-55 diamond shapes, i.e this process totally depends on the dish size, it might be less or it might be more.
- Bake it in preheated oven until golden brownand crisp for 30minutes.
- While it's baking combine sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in honey vanilla essence and lemon zest and aimmer it for another 20 minutes.
- Remove baklava from oven and immediately put that syrup over it by spoon.
- Let it cool before serving..
I've also included two authentic baklava recipes for you to try: a fancy and more involved recipe as well as a simple. Not to be confused with balaclava or Balaklava. This heavenly Baklava combines honey-soaked layers of flaky phyllo pastry with spiced walnuts. It's a great make-ahead dessert perfect for the holidays or special occasions. En iyi baklavacılarda yapılan kadar nefis bir el açması baklava hazırlıyoruz.