Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Homemade Butterscotch Ice Cream.
You can cook Homemade Butterscotch Ice Cream using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Butterscotch Ice Cream
- Prepare 100 grams of granulated white sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of water.
- You need 40 grams of (about 1/2 cup) chopped cashews.
- You need 500 ml of heavy whipping cream, cold.
- Prepare 300 grams of condensed milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of milk powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Indian butterscotch essence.
- You need 1-2 drops of Yellow gel food colour (optional).
Homemade Butterscotch Ice Cream instructions
- Cashew Praline 1. Prepare a baking tray – either with a silicone baking sheet or parchment paper. 2. Prepare the caramel – in a heavy bottom saucepan, add the sugar and water and heat on a low/medium flame. 3. Once the sugar dissolves, do not stir. The sugar will start turning golden and then turn amber. Switch off the heat. Keep a close eye on the caramel as it can go from amber to burnt in a matter of seconds. 4. Add the cashews and mix until they are coated evenly with caramel..
- 5. Immediately spread out the caramel on the baking tray as evenly as possible with a silicone spatula to about 1/2 inch thickness. Let it cool for about 15-20 minutes. Break the praline into medium sized pieces and pulse them in a food processor slightly to get smaller morsels (you can also do this with a rolling pin and ziplock bag)..
- Ice Cream 1. In a large bowl, add condensed milk, milk powder, butterscotch essence and food colour. Mix until combined. Keep it aside. 2. Pour the heavy cream into your stand mixer bowl with a whisk attachment (or use a hand mixer). Whip the cream until stiff peaks (about 3-5 minutes). 3. Fold the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture gently until combined. Do not mix for too long else you’ll deflate the mixture. 4. Add the crushed praline and mix in gently until combined..
- 5. Pour the base into your freezer container and smoothen out the top. Freeze for 6-8 hours at least. The ice cream can be frozen for up to 2 weeks..