Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Aubergine flan (as flan in the british cuisine).
You can cook Aubergine flan (as flan in the british cuisine) using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Aubergine flan (as flan in the british cuisine)
- Prepare 4 large of aubergines.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated graviera.
- It’s 1 cup of grated mizithra.
- You need 1 cup of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- You need 3 tbsp of corn flour.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 2 large of red peppers.
- It’s 1 of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
Aubergine flan (as flan in the british cuisine) instructions
- Preheat oven to 200oC. Wash the aubergines and place them on a baking tray. Bake them for an hour until melted. It would be much better to grill them since they will get an extra tasty smoky flavor..
- Grate the cheeses, Instead of mizithra you can use any salty hard and dry cheese and instead of gaviera a soft, salty and nicely melting cheese. Finely chop the onion, the peppers and parsley..
- Prepare the bechamel sauce as follows: mash the butter with the corn flour and boil the milk. Normally people will melt the butter, cook the flour in it and add the milk slowly until the bechamel sauce forms. I do it the other way around because it's much easier and you are guaranteed you will not end up with a lumpy and burned sauce..
- Once the bechamel sauce is cooled, add the egg and cheese and mix..
- Add some of the olive oil in the oan and slowly cook the onion and peppers..
- Once the aubergines are cooked, slice the halveway and remove their "flesh" with a spoon..
- Mix the aubergines with the peppers and onions mix which was earlier placed on adsorbing paper yo remove any excess water.Finally add the chopped parsley..
- Oil a baking tray and add the solids mix.Then add the bechamel sauce and some black pepoer. Because the cheeses are salty I haven't added any salt, but you can always taste and add some salt if needed..
- Bake at 180oC for 30 minutes. You can serve it with a green salad..
- Note: Corn flour makes the bechamel sauce silky but you can use any flour you like..