Coffie Lover's Cake.
You can cook Coffie Lover's Cake using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coffie Lover's Cake
- It’s 6 tablespoons of instant coffee.
- Prepare 100 ml of hot water.
- You need 250 gr of butter or margarine.
- It’s 250 gr of caster sugar.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 250 gr of self raising flour (I use plain flour).
- You need 2 teaspoons of baking powder (I use 3 teaspoons).
Coffie Lover's Cake instructions
- Dissolve coffee in the hot water. Set it aside..
- In a deep bowl, mix butter & sugar until sugar is dissolved. I use a hand mixer with medium speed, about 10 minutes..
- Add the eggs one at a time along with a spoonful of flour to avoid lumps. Mix until just combined. Do this until all eggs are incorporated..
- Add in half of the coffee mixture & keep the other half for the buttercream. Add it alternately with the flour & baking powder. (As I don't use buttercream so I use all of the mixture, adding in 3 parts alternately with the flour.).
- Grease two 20 cm sandwich pans (I use 4 mini loaf pans). Pour the cake batter, even out the surface..
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180°C for 25 minutes (my electric oven takes 35 minutes with upper & lower elements)..
- When they are done, take out from the oven & let cool for 10 minutes. Then remove the pans & you can slice it..
- Now the buttercream: mix 125 gr of butter with 200 gr of icing sugar & the leftover coffee mixture. Mix it until smooth. Apply the buttercream on top of the cake..