Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You can cook Sourdough shokupan using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sourdough shokupan
- Prepare of Sweet Stiff Starter 90g bread flour.
- It’s of brown sugar.
- You need of starter.
- Prepare of water.
- It’s of Tang zhong.
- Prepare of milk.
- It’s of bread flour.
- It’s of Main dough.
- You need of bread flour.
- Prepare of sugar.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of milk.
- It’s of beaten eggs.
- It’s of butter.
Sourdough shokupan step by step
- Starter left for 7 to 9 hours till 50% increase.
- Mix everything together except butter. Knead until a dough ball forms. Then add in butter and knead until window pane. Proof until double which may take 3 to 6 hours.
- After second proof, deflate and shape into 3 rolled dough for loaf pan or shape into burger buns.
- If loaf pan, Bake at 120 deg cold. Increase oven heat 10 deg every 10 mins until u reach 180. Bake at 180 for last 10 mins. Unmould after baking to reduce shrinkage. If bake as buns, bake at 180deg for 20 mins.