Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You can have Creme Caramel using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creme Caramel
- It’s of Caramel.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of water.
- Prepare of Egg mixture.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 250 ml of milk.
- It’s 5 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Unsalted butter for greasing.
Creme Caramel instructions
- First make the caramel. Pour the sugar and water into pan. Dissolve the sugar slowly, stirring with a wooden spoon over a low heat..
- When there are no sugar granules left, stop stirring and boil until the sugar turns a dark copper colour..
- Remove immediately from the heat to ensure the caramel does not burn. Quickly pour the caramel into butter greased molds.
- For the custard, whisk the eggs, vanilla extract and sugar together in a bowl until well mixed..
- Pour the milk into a saucepan, gently heat over a low heat. Do NOT boil milk. Then strain the milk through a fine sieve onto the egg mixture in the bowl..
- Whisk together until smooth, sieve mixture before pouring the mixture into the prepared molds..
- Place a small towel in a pan at low-mid heat. Place molds with mixture into pan and fill water up into pan to half of the molds. Cover lid and steam for 15-20 mins..
- Chill creme caramel in fridge.