Ad Blocker Detected
Flat bread / roti with sourdough starter and carrot.
You can have Flat bread / roti with sourdough starter and carrot using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Flat bread / roti with sourdough starter and carrot
- It’s of overnight feedings:.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of sourdough starter.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of whole wheat flour/ atta- Indian flour.
- You need 4 tbsp of water.
- It’s of Dough:.
- It’s 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 3 tbsp of coconut milk.
- You need 50 gr of grated carrots.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of salt.
Flat bread / roti with sourdough starter and carrot step by step
- Feed your sourdough starter overnight. Using 5 tbsp starter from the fridge. Place in a higher bowl, add 2 tbsp whole wheat flour and 2 tbsp water. Mix it well, cover it loosely and leave it overnight..
- The next morning, the starter will be hungry. Add 2 tbsp whole wheat flour and 2 tbsp water. Leave it for 1 hour, it will double in volume. It is the time to use it..
- In a mixing bowl, add the 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 tbsp salt, 3 tbsp coconut milk, starter (all of them). Mix them well and form a dough. Let it autolyse for 15 minutes..
- Add the grated carrot. It will be a bit wet because of the juice of carrot. Add 1-2 tbsp flour. Knead the dough for 8 minutes. Let it ferment for 1 hour..
- The dough will be double in volume. On your kitchen counter, sprinkle some flour. Transfer the dough to your counter, easily roll the dough and divide it into 6-7 portions..
- Roll the dough into round shape and around 1/2 cm thickness. Smear little oil on top of the dough..
- Heat the non-stick pan. Place the dough with the oil side facing the pan. Cook it for 1-2 minutes. Smear little oil on the other side of the dough that facing us. Then, flip the dough and cook for another minutes..
- Transfer the cooked flat bread on the plate. Cook the same way for another dough..
- Enjoy the flat bread with any curry or salad or just enjoy it plain..