Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options.
You can cook Low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options
- Prepare 1/4 of flax egg (1 teaspoon flax, 2 teaspoons water) (or 1/4 of an egg).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoons of oil, I used safflower.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated carrot.
- You need 1/4 cup of applesauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 2.5 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar (I used demerara).
- Prepare 1.5 teaspoons of coconut flakes (optional, will increase fat content).
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of Frosting.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cream cheese or vegan cream cheese.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of soy milk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of maple sugar.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 F..
- Mix ground flax and water to form a flax egg. Let it sit for a minute, then add the oil and vanilla. Mix..
- Add the carrots, applesauce, and walnuts. Mix..
- In a separate bowl add the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt. Mix..
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and mix..
- Lightly grease an oven safe mug. Spoon mixture into mug, pat down and smooth..
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes. Then use a knife to work around the edge and remove the cake. Let cool completely..
- Mix the frosting ingredients and put frosting on cake. Enjoy!.