Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread.
You can cook Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread
- You need of **Sourdough Pre-dough**.
- It’s 45 g of bread flour or all purpose flour.
- Prepare 30 g of sourdough starter (wet kind).
- You need 15 g of water (1 Tbsp), might need 1 more Tbsp.
- Prepare of **Main Dough**.
- Prepare 425 g of bread flour.
- It’s 265 g of water (265 ml).
- You need 10 g of salt.
- You need 1/2 g of active dry yeast (1 heaping 1/8 tsp).
- It’s 30 g of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 75 g of dark molasses (or honey).
- You need of **Mix-ins**.
- You need 100 g of semi-sweet chocolate, cut into chunks.
Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread step by step
- Mix the sourdough pre-dough together in a small bowl. Cover and let rest for 12 hours at room temperature..
- After 12 hours, mix the pre-dough with the main dough ingredients in a large bowl until the dough comes together..
- Remove to a floured working surface and knead for 15 minutes until smooth and elastic..
- Fold in the chocolate in batches..
- When all chocolate is folded in, knead for 1 more minute..
- Return dough to bowl, cover and let rise 2 hours at room temperature..
- After 2 hours, divide the dough into two equal portions. Shape into a round boules or longer oval loaf, or one each..
- Dust with a little flour and cover with a clean cloth. Let rise another 3 hours..
- Preheat oven to 230C/445F. While preheating, place a shallow tray at the bottom of the oven for creating steam. We'll be pouring in boiling water in right before baking to get the steam..
- When ready to bake, prepare some boiling water to pour in the tray at the bottom of the oven..
- Cut a slit down the center of each bread dough right before putting in oven to bake..
- Pour in some boiling water into the tray, then immediately put in the bread. Bake at 230°C/445°F for 10 minutes then remove the steam tray. Lower heat to 190°C/375°F and bak for another 25 minutes. (Total 35 minutes). Remove and let cool on a rack..