Pecan and almond baklava. Ingredients: Almonds, Pecans, Clarified Butter, Pure Cane Sugar, Phyllo Dough, Water and Organic Lemon Juice on all baklavas. Baklava King, Inc exclusively uses shelled nuts and inspects all batches thoroughly, however, this product may rarely contain small pieces of shells. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Baklava is an all-time favorite Greek pastry that comes in many different varieties. This recipe includes walnuts and almonds. Baklava is the dish most people think of when they think Greek dessert. You can cook Pecan and almond baklava using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pecan and almond baklava
- Prepare 1 box of phyllo pastry.
- You need of Melted butter and ghee for brushing.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 cup of almonds.
- It’s 2 cups of pecans.
- You need stick of Long dowel.
- Prepare of For the syrup.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of golden syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
Baklava is a perennial favorite, a classic Greek pastry made with flaky phyllo dough that is layered. Using a sharp knife, score the baklava into the desired pattern, making sure you cut all the way through so the syrup can soak through. It keeps for weeks in room-temperature in a sealed container. Cut the diamonds out and store.
Pecan and almond baklava instructions
- Step 1: Add sugar and water to a saucepan and boil till sugar has dissolved and a little sticky.. Once sticky and clear, add in golden syrup and lemon juice.. Allow to cool…
- Step 2: Put nuts in food processor and grind till finely chopped(do not make smooth). Add in cinnamon powder and mix well… (make sure nuts r ground fine or it will make holes in the phyllo..
- Step 3: Take phyllo sheet and cut in half… Place 1 piece on worktop lengthwise with the long side in front of you. Brush with melted butter and ghee mix.. Place another sheet on top and brush again with butter.. Sprinkle nut and cinnamon mixture.. About 3 tsp(dont put too much). Take dowel and roll up (but not too tight)-see pic. Once it’s all rolled up, place each hand on both ends of the rolled phyllo, carefully push both ends towards the center to scrunch it up. (cleobuttera pictures).
- Step4: Remove skewer and place in a greased tray/casserole.. Repeat till casserole is full.. Cut into 4 pieces. If you have extra butter mixture, pour it over the rolls.. Bake on 160 for +-70mins or till golden brown.(cleobuttera pictures).
- Step 5: Remove from oven and pour cooled syrup on immediately whilst hot… Decorate with crushed almond mix/rose petals, etc.
- Variations: Pista makes amazing decoration(and changes up the taste a little) Add a few drops of rose essence in ur syrup and decorate with edible rose petals..
Walnut and almond baklava with chocolate sauce. The name baklava is used in many languages with minor phonetic and spelling variations. In the Arab world Baqlawa/baklawa is used; whereas, the Greeks. This heavenly Baklava combines honey-soaked layers of flaky phyllo pastry with spiced walnuts. It's a great make-ahead dessert perfect for the holidays or special occasions.