Pain De Campagne.
You can have Pain De Campagne using 6 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pain De Campagne
- It’s 350 grams of strong white flour.
- You need 100 grams of dark rye flour.
- You need 100 grams of white sourdough starter.
- You need 300 ml of water.
- It’s 10 grams of salt.
- You need 7 grams of faat action dried yeast.
Pain De Campagne instructions
- Combine the flours in a bowl.
- Add your the yeast and salt on opposite sides.
- Add the water whilst mixing with your hand.
- Bring the dough together into a wet mass and knead for 10-15 mins until smoother and holding shape.
- Cover and leave to rest in the fridge for 8-12 hours or until doubled in side and springing back.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured or oiled surface and shape tightly into a ball, creating as much surface tension as possible.
- Heavily flour a proving basket.
- Preheat oven to 240C.
- Place the dough seam side up into the basket, cover with oiled clingfilm and leave to prove for 1.5 hours or until, springy, lighter and much bigger.
- Flour the dough and turn it out c.
- Cut 3 straight lines then cut across diagonally..
- Throw a quarter cup of water onto the oven floor.
- Turn oven down to 210C.
- Bake for 35-45 mins til crispy and golden.