Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Whipped Butternut Squash Gratin.
You can have Whipped Butternut Squash Gratin using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whipped Butternut Squash Gratin
- Prepare 1 medium of butternut squash.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 cup of shredded mixed cheeses I used italian blend.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks hot sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped chives.
- Prepare 3 of strips of bacon choppedinti large chopped pieces.
Whipped Butternut Squash Gratin instructions
- Preheat oven to 425. With a sharp knife stab a hole in squash to vent, roast on foil lined baking sheet about 45 to 60 minutes until soft..
- When cool enough to handle, peel, cut in half, remove seeds and place flesh in food processor..
- Add to squash half of the italian and parmesan cheese, the sour cream, butter, lemon, pepper, garlic powder and red hot, add salt if needed to taste. Puree in processor and put mixture in a well greased baking dish big enough to hold it all. Top with remaining cheese and chives and bacon..
- At this point you can refrigerate up to 2 days.This is a really good do ahead dish for the holidays, we have it every year..
- When you want to bake it, preheat the oven to 425.Have squash at room temperature and bake 25 to 40 minutes just until hot and puffed..