Shantell Villasenor Bread.
You can have Shantell Villasenor Bread using 5 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shantell Villasenor Bread
- Prepare 425 grams of strong white flour.
- Prepare 150 grams of sourdough starter.
- Prepare 10 grams of salt.
- Prepare 300 ml of water.
- You need 5 grams of fast action dried yeast.
Shantell Villasenor Bread step by step
- Add the dry ingredients to a large bowl, keeping the yeast and salt separate (on either side of bowl)..
- Add the water and mix well to form a rough dough.
- Leave to autolyse for 30 mins.
- Knead well, for 10 or so minutes until smooth and stretchy.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 8 hours (anything from 6-12 is fine).
- Pull the risen dough out onto a lightly floured surface (reccomend a 2:1 ratio of bread flour to rice flour for dusting).
- Divide the dough into two roughly equal masses.
- Shape the dough to the desired shape..
- Place in well floured bannetons, cover and leave for 1.5 hours at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 240C with an old tin with some holes in at the bottom of the oven.
- Turn out the dough onto your baking surface, dusted well with semolina.
- Score with a razor bladet.
- Throw half a cup of water into the tray in the oven.
- Quickly place the dough into the oven and shut the door.
- Reduce heat to 220C and bake for 20 mins.
- Reduce heat to 200C and bake for a further 10 mins.
- Remove baking surface, leaving bread on bars of the oven.
- Turn off oven and bake in residual heat for 10 more minutes.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.