Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You can have Retarded Baguettes using 10 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Retarded Baguettes
- It’s of poolish.
- Prepare 100 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 100 ml of water.
- You need 7 grams of active dry yeast.
- It’s of dough.
- Prepare 300 grams of plain flour.
- You need 200 grams of very strong white flour.
- It’s 12 grams of salt.
- You need 250 ml of water.
- Prepare 200 grams of sourdough starter.
Retarded Baguettes instructions
- Mix together the poolish ingredients thoroughly. Cover and leave overnight.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the poolish and mix well until a rough dough is formed.
- Cover and leave to autolyse for 30 mins.
- Knead well for 10-15 minutes. The flour in this bread is mostly not strong so gluten development is important..
- Cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Remove risen dough from the fridge and admire.
- Lightly dust your surface with flour and divide the dough into 4.
- Roll each piece into a long sausage shape, tapering the ends as much as you can.
- Place shaped dough in a baguette tin or on a floured cloth – folded so that the sides of each baguette are supported.
- Cover and leave to prove at room temperature for 1.5 hours.
- Preheat oven for 30-40 mins to 240C.
- Score your dough- along the full length with a razor blade.
- Throw a half cup of water into the hot oven.
- Bake for.