Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You can have Traditional Flan using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Traditional Flan
- You need of flan also known as caramel custard.
- It’s 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 4 large of eggs.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 2 cup of hot boiling water.
Traditional Flan step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°. Boil 2 cups of water and set aside..
- In medium sauce pan melt 1 cup of white sugar stirring until melted. Be sure not to burn caramel..
- Add caramel to a 9" or 10" round nonstick pan. (I buy aluminum pans from the nearest dollar store. They usually come with 2-3 pans & covers in one package.) BE SURE TO HANDLE PAN WITH OVEN MITTS. PAN WILL BE HOT FROM CARAMEL. Make sure caramel is evenly distributed around full bottom of pan..
- Now add 4 eggs and tbsp vanilla and whisk together in a large enough bowl. Once combined shake well and add the can of evaporated milk to egg mixture. Whisk until combined. Now add the can of sweetened milk. It is a little thick. Whisk until smooth and creamy..
- Now in order for the flan to come out perfect, it needs to be cooked in a water bath. Grab a larger pan and add the 2 cups of boiling water to it. Slowly add the round pan on top of the boiling water. You might hear a little crackling sound, that's completely normal..
- Grab a handheld mesh strainer and strain the flan mixture on top of the caramel slowly. We use a strainer so the egg whites that are thick, won't cook with your beautiful flan mixture..
- Slowly place pans into a preheated 350° oven. Set kitchen timer for 60 minutes. DO NOT OPEN OVEN WHILE BAKING, UNLESS WHEN Checking flan 45 minutes after baking. If center is still jiggly, cook for remaining time. Be sure not to burn. Take a toothpick and pierce center of custard. Toothpick should come out clean..
- Remove flan from oven. Remove pan from water bath and let sit on counter for about 1-1.5 hours. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours..
- When ready to serve remove flan from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to serving. Grab a sturdy enough plate that is larger than the round pan. Usually a large dinner plate will do. Place plate on top of flan face down. Now gently turn both plate and pan upside down. Remove pan from flan. It should slide right out. Cut into 8 slices and enjoy!!.