Baklava (using puff pastry). Did you know that you can now make baklava with this recipe at home. Try Baklava with Puff Pastry Recipe. #HappyCookingToYou Written Recipe. The difference between Phyllo Pastry and Puff Pastry is that puff pastry "puffs up" when it's cooked, revealing layers upon layers of flaky pastry.
It's a great make-ahead dessert, and easy too! Once the baklava is layered, cut it into pieces using a sharp knife: You can do squares, diamonds, triangles, or whatever shape you want. Baklava is one of those desserts that has a reputation for difficulty, but is actually surprisingly easy to make. You can cook Baklava (using puff pastry) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baklava (using puff pastry)
- You need 1/3 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 2 cups of crushed nuts (pistachio,walnut,cashew and etc.).
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 pack of puff pastry or phyllo sheets.
- Prepare of For the syrup.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
Using the pastry brush, brush on a thin layer of butter all over the bottom of the baking pan. Fold back the tea towel, carefully remove one sheet of phyllo dough, and place it on the bottom of the. Assemble the baklava: On a flat surface, lay out a sheet of phyllo dough. Spoon some of the filling along the bottom edge of the phyllo sheet, leaving ½ inch Brush the tops of the rolls with butter, then use a knife to score the rolls diagonally where you will slice them after baking.
Baklava (using puff pastry) instructions
- If phyllo pastry, brush with butter every sheets until you reach the 5th sheets and then put the nuts..
- If puff pastry, brush butter and put some nuts on every layer of the sheet.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C for 15mins..
- Cut pastry into diagonal shape and then bake for 1hour and 15mins..
- Prepare the syrup by mixing all the syrup ingredients in a saucepan until boiled. Then let it cool for a while.
- Lastly, once the pastry is cooked, spread the syrup and garnish with the remaining nuts.
Baklava is a dessert made with layers of thin phyllo dough brushed with butter and a flavorful nut mixture. It's baked and then drenched in a honey syrup. Baklava, or baklawa, is a delicious pastry that is known worldwide with variations depending on where in the Middle East you are. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.) Baklava takes a lot of time to make. Follow our simple pastry recipe to make delicious Baklava that's full of flavour! Visit Jus-Rol to browse our pastry products.