Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Leche Flan (Filipino style).
You can have Leche Flan (Filipino style) using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Leche Flan (Filipino style)
- You need 3 tbs of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 12 of egg yolks.
- You need 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 2 cans of evaporated milk.
Leche Flan (Filipino style) instructions
- Add sugar and water to a small sauce pan. Turn heat to high whisking constantly. Boil until it starts to thicken, turning into a caramel consistency..
- When it turns golden brown QUICKLY pour sugar into 8 by 8 pan loaf pan. Coat bottom of pan evenly to make a crust at bottom of pan (it cools very quickly). Set aside..
- Combine egg yolks, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk into a large mixing bowl. Whisk thoroughly..
- Most Important step…Hold a fine strainer over your pre-made caramel sugar coated pan. Pour mixture into strainer to catch excess goo from eggs. The mixture will go into strainer and then directly into the pan. This make the custard much smoother..
- Preheat oven to 350. Cover pan with aluminum foil. Place into a larger pan. Make a steam bath environment in the oven by pouring 2 inches of water in the larger pan. Bake 1 hr twenty minutes to 1 hr 30 mins. Or until center is clean when pricked with knife or toothpick..
- Cool for 30 minutes and then place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours. Invert onto a platter and it should come out very easily. You can play around with different molds too. I like Bundt shape..