Apple Crumble Pie.
You can cook Apple Crumble Pie using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple Crumble Pie
- It’s of Pastry:.
- You need 100 g of chilled butter.
- You need 180 g of plain flour.
- You need 1 of large beaten egg.
- It’s of Filling:.
- Prepare 440 g of (4 small/2 large) eating apples, cored, peeled and sliced (gala, granny smith, pink lady etc..).
- You need 2-3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1 of splash of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of sprinkle cinnamon.
- You need 1 of sprinkle nutmeg.
- It’s of *If needed* 1 tbsp cornflour.
- You need of Crumble:.
- It’s 4 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 100 g of self-raising flour.
- Prepare 60 g of chilled butter.
- Prepare of **8 inch pastry tin**.
Apple Crumble Pie instructions
- First, make the short crust pastry base. Sift the flour (add sugar as well if making sweet short crust pastry) into a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until small bread crumbs are formed. Add the egg and knead until a fairly smooth dough. Roll out and then press into the tart tin. Lightly prick the base with a fork. Blind bake in a preheated 180°C oven for 8 minutes or until the base is dry..
- Next make the filling. Cook the apples with the sugar, spices and lemon juice with a little water for about 10 minutes. Add cornflour to thicken..
- To make the crumble, gently rub the butter and flour to form into crumbs and add sugar and mix well..
- After crust is baked, pour in the apple filling and sprinkle top with the crumble. Bake at 200°C for about 25 minutes till the top is nice golden brown..
- Serve hot or cold with cream, ice cream or custard..