Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Homemade mango 🍨 icecream.
You can cook Homemade mango 🍨 icecream using 4 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade mango 🍨 icecream
- It’s 2 of large mangoes, ripe and juicy – to make 2 cups puree.
- Prepare 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 2 cups of thickened cream / heavy cream / whipping cream, cold.
- You need 1/8 tsp of yellow liquid food colouring(optional).
Homemade mango 🍨 icecream step by step
- Dice the flesh of the mango Puree using a blender, food processor or stick blender then measure out 2 cups of mango puree (about 2 1/4 cups of diced mango)..
- Pour puree into a non-stick skillet over medium low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 8 – 10 minutes or until it reduces by half. The test is when you can drag a wooden spoon across the skillet and the path remains there for a second Or measure out the puree to ensure it's reduced to at least 1 cup – less is even batter!.
- Cool puree.
- Combine cooled mango and condensed milk in a bowl. Add food colouring if using. Whisk until combined..
- Beat cream with a hand held beater or stand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Take a scoop of cream and put it in the mango mixture. Fold through until mostly combined – lumps is fine (this is just to lighten it up a bit).
- Then pour the mango mixture into the cream. Fold through rather than mixing vigorously like you would cake batter, until lump free. This will take a few minutes..
- Pour into a container (preferably with a lid). I recommend glass, if you can, or other non reactive container..
- Place a piece of baking / parchment paper on the surface. Then place lid on or using cling wrap.
- Freeze for 12+ hours.
- Remove parchment paper. Stand for 5 minutes to soften slightly, then scoop and serve!.
- If frozen for 24 hours or longer, it will need a couple of extra minutes to soften to a scoop able consistency.