Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan.
You can cook Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan
- Prepare 4 cups of milk.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup milk.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of orange blossom water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of rose water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of mastic gum, crushed with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Prepare of – For the ashta cream: prepare ahead of time.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 2 cups of whipping cream.
- You need 6 slices of American-style white bread.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of cornstarch, dissolved in ½ cup water.
- Prepare of – For the sugar syrup:.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of rose water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare of – For garnishing:.
- You need 1/2 cup of ground pistachios.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pine nuts.
- You need 1/4 cup of almonds.
- You need 2 of bananas cut in round slices.
Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan step by step
- To prepare the sugar syrup, put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Leave to boil then add the lemon juice and keep on medium heat for 10 minutes until the syrup thickens. Add the orange blossom water and rose water. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl..
- In a non-sticky or stainless steel pot, put together the milk, sugar, dissolved starch and a dash of salt. Put on medium heat and stir continuously until the mixture thickens..
- Turn off the heat. Add the rose water, orange blossom water and mastic gum..
- Pour in a serving container and leave it to cool. Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hr before serving..
- To prepare the ashta cream: Cut off the edges of the bread. Discard. Cut in dices the soft white part. Place the bread dices in a saucepan and pour the milk and whipping cream over them. Let the bread dices soak in the milk and cream mixture for at least 2 hr in the refrigerator. Put the saucepan on medium heat and, with a wooden spoon, start stirring the bread and milk mixture. Once the milk starts heating, add the water-dissolved cornstarch. Continue stirring until the mixture thickens. Once d.
- Immediately before serving, spread the ashta cream over the Layali lubnan. Sprinkle with pistachios, almonds and pine nuts. At the end, add the banana slices and pour the sugar syrup on top of it all..
- Note: You can serve the layali lubnan with honey instead of sugar syrup..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'Ashta cream' listed under my profile..