Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Steamed Ice Cream sandesh.
You can cook Steamed Ice Cream sandesh using 10 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steamed Ice Cream sandesh
- Prepare 1 litre of Milk (preferably full cream)To make the Chhena (Homemade).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Lemon Juice (Freshly Squeezed).
- You need 1/2 Cup of Dry Fruits (Chopped).
- You need 1 Cup of Sugar (Grounded).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cardamom Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Rose Water.
- It’s 10-12 of Saffron Strands(Kesar).
- Prepare 10-12 of Pistachios/Almonds (Halved) For the Garnish.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Milk Powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of Desi Ghee (To Grease the Pan in which the Sandesh need be steamed).
Steamed Ice Cream sandesh step by step
- Take a pan & pour in the aforementioned/ measured milk.
- Stirring continuously, boil the milk & after one boil turn off the flame & let it cool down for a minute & then, add in the diluted lime juice with water while stirring & mixing the same, gently…keep it aside for about a minute again.
- This will help curdling the milk well enough resulting into a soft paneer (chhena), that we actually require to make our super soft & smoothy Ice Cream Sandesh.
- Take a deep bowl, strainer & cheese cloth to separate the chhena & it's whey water (which can very well be used to make flour dough for our normal chapatis or phulkas, or in gravy, etc.).
- Wash the chhena well- at least 2/3 times to get rid of the lemon smells of at all any & then, gently tuck & tie all the four corners of the cheese cloth and pressing sufficiently well but not with too much pressures put in it to squeeze out the excess water as much as is possible.
- Place it on a clean plate like that way or hang it up to a height for about 10-15 mins time for the rest of the excess water (if at all any), to be drained out naturally & organically without much physical pressure put into the same but we need to keep a bit of moisture in it and not let it dry too much for a super soft, smooth & creamy to be yielded from the same.
- Now, take a Blender Jar: Put the Chhena in & pulse it a few times to be soft and smooth…at this point, add in the cardamom powder, ground sugar, rose water & milk powder into it & again pulse it for about 30-40 secs gap, for a few more times….
- Checkout at this point for it's super smooth & creamy textures- scrape it, quite a few times, while pulsing it & at every intervals- Now, add in the chopped dry fruits (I’ve used- Almonds, Cashews, Pistachios & Hazelnuts).
- Again, blend everything well, altogether- until all well incorporated and combined, before pouring it into the Baking Pan/Tray (as mentioned above).
- After pouring in the batter for steaming- tap the pan, a few times to flatten the surface on it's own & get well spread…Now, add onto it’s top the saffron strands- scatter it well, all along- for it's rich aroma/fragrance, colour & delicious taste.
- Take a steamer or a big & deep pan/wok/vessel: Place a steel stand inside it & fill in the pan with water- which should be sufficient for steaming the Sandesh but not cross or get over the steel stand & completely touch the baking pan- water level should always be below it.
- Now, cover the baking pan either with an aluminium foil or if it has a lid of it's own & place it on the steel stand- placed within the large vessel & having the boiling water in it- at this point, put the flame on the lowest possible heat, absolutely & cover the large steamer/pan, with it's own cover/lid & allow it to be steamed for about 30-40 mins time.
- Never ever open the lid, before the given time After that time’s over- open the lid & remove the aluminium foil to check it out with the toothpick test & if it comes out clean-It’s all set & done now Take it out- after putting off the flame.
- Just allow it to cool down to the room temperature and then, put it into the Deep Freezer for at least 3 hours time to get absolutely chilled and then, take it out to a serving plate- Remove the butter paper & then, cut it out accordingly to your choicest pieces…Garnish to your choice.
- Serve it just CHILLED.