Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Steamed Ice Cream Sandesh: TWO in ONE.
You can have Steamed Ice Cream Sandesh: TWO in ONE using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Steamed Ice Cream Sandesh: TWO in ONE
- Prepare 1 L of Fresh Milk (Full Cream): Boiled.
- It’s 2 tbsps of Fresh Lemon Juice (Mixed with Equal Quantity of Water).
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Milk Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of Condensed Milk.
- You need as required of Dry fruits (Whichever Available Handy): I’ve used- Almonds, Cashews & Pistachios.
- Prepare As needed of Garnish: Same Dry Fruits (Chopped).
- You need as required of strands of Saffron/Kesar: (Optional).
- You need 1 tbsp of Matcha Powder (For its 2 in 1 Effect).
- It’s 1 piece of cheesecloth.
- It’s 1 of Strainer (Big).
- It’s 1/2 L of Cold Water (To wash the Chhena in order to remove the smell of the lemon juice or vinegar used for the curdling of it).
- It’s 1/2-1 tsp of Green Cardamom Powder (Homemade).
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Fresh Milk: Boiled.
- You need 1 of round/square cake tin/mould- Lined up with a parchment paper & greased.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Ghee (For greasing the cake tin).
- Prepare 1 piece of Aluminium Foil Paper (To wrap/cover the cake tin).
Steamed Ice Cream Sandesh: TWO in ONE step by step
- Preparing the Chhena: Take a Saucepan & Boil the Milk.
- Once it’s boiled- turn off the flame & allow it to cool down for about 2-3 mins time & then, add in the lemon juice & water mixture gradually while stirring continuously but gently.
- The milk starts curdling now & once it’s curdled- stop adding in the left over citric acid solution (if any).
- Strain the Chhena & Whey into a large bowl, with the help of the strainer & muslin/cheesecloth.
- Squeeze out the excess water a bit, if any at all- ensuring that it’s not completely dry & surely retain the moisture in the same.
- No need to hang it on for extra dryness since we need sufficient moisture retained in it for the Sandesh.
- In a blender jar: Add in the Chhena, Milk Powder, Green Cardamom Powder, Condensed Milk, Chopped Dry Fruits & pulse it a few times.
- At this point: The mixture seems to be very sticky & will be a bit difficult to blend into a smooth mixture- hence, now add in the required milk to it.
- Blend it to a smooth batter/mixture now by pulsing it again for a few times while scraping its sides at every intervals of the pulses.
- Now, Smear some ghee in the Cake Tin/Mould- with a brush & line it up with a parchment paper.
- Pour in the Sandesh Batter/Mixture to it & spread it evenly, with a spatula & sprinkle the matcha powder over it evenly & also the left over chopped dry fruits & then, cover it with an aluminium foil paper.
- In a big wok/Pan: Pour some water & place a stainless steel stand ensuring that the cake tin doesn’t get immersed into the water & is just under its bottom only & allow it to boil over the high flame, putting a lid on it.
- Once, the water starts boiling- Reduce the flame now, to the lowest & place the covered cake tin on it & cover its lid & allow it to steam for about 40-45 mins time.
- Turn off the flame now & allow it to cool down inside the big pan itself until the cake/Sandesh tin can be taken out.
- Once it’s cooled down completely- Take out the Cake Tin, check with a toothpick- ensuring it comes out clean & then with the aluminium foil on- put it, in the refrigerator to be chilled for at least 2-3 hrs time before serving it absolutely, chilled.
- ENJOY….The most delectable STEAMED ICE CREAM SANDESH.