Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cassata : Ice Cream ・ Ricotta Cheese Cake.
You can cook Cassata : Ice Cream ・ Ricotta Cheese Cake using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cassata : Ice Cream ・ Ricotta Cheese Cake
- It’s 300 grams of Homemade ricotta cheese）.
- Prepare 300 ml of Heavy cream.
- It’s 100 grams of Sugar (granulated).
- It’s 150 grams of Your choice of nuts (roasted).
- You need 1 of bar or 60 grams Chocolate Bar.
- You need 12 of plums or 200 grams Ume plums leftover from umeshu.
- Prepare 50 ml of Umeshu – Japanese plum wine.
Cassata : Ice Cream ・ Ricotta Cheese Cake step by step
- On the day before making the cassata, prepare the homemade ricotta cheese. It's much cheaper if you make it yourself than buying it.. (^_^)v You'll be able to make 330 g of ricotta cheese using 1 liter of milk..
- On the next day, take out the ricotta cheese from the refrigerator and bring it to room temperature..
- Put the ume plums leftover from umeshu in a microwave-safe container and microwave for 3 minutes at 600 W. Pour in the umeshu and let it cool..
- While cooling the ume plums, dice the nuts and chocolate into about 5 mm cubes..
- Once the ume plums cool down, remove the seeds, dice them into 5 mm cubes, and return them into the umeshu..
- The ume plums will soak up the umeshu and the moisture will reduce. This will take about 15-20 minutes..
- Beat the heavy cream, add the sugar, and whisk until its stiff..
- Add the ricotta cheese, combine well, mix in the nuts, chocolate, and ume plums, and pour the mixture into a pan lined with a sheet of parchment paper..
- Chill it in the freezer for at least 6 hours, or if possible, leave it overnight..