Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Homemade pumpkin pie and crust. This pumpkin pie recipe is perfect for the holidays! You didn't think I would post a homemade pie crust tutorial and not share a few pie recipes with you, did you? Don't worry, I have one more pie recipe coming next week!
Homemade Fresh Pumpkin Pie Cheryl Velasquez Hata. Prepare pie crust by mixing together the flour and salt. How to make The Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe. You can have Homemade pumpkin pie and crust using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade pumpkin pie and crust
- Prepare of for crust:.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 8 tbsp of cold unsalted butter (1 stick).
- You need 5 tbsp of ice water.
- You need of pumpkin pie filling.
- It’s 1 can of 15 oz pumpkin.
- You need 1 can of 12 oz evaporated milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of pumpkin spice.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- You need 1 of whipped cream (optional).
Many people think homemade pies (like this apple pie and this French Silk Pie) are intimidating but please After chilling and rolling, shape the pumpkin pie crust to fit in your favorite pie dish. I like to use these fall pie crust cutters to cut fun shapes into any. This is the perfect crust for pumpkin pie. It has a nice smooth texture and also can be used for any pie you want to make.
Homemade pumpkin pie and crust instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° Mix flour, salt and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Cut butter into small pieces and add to bowl. Use a pastry cutter or even a fork works to cut butter into flour mixture until butter is pea sized..
- Drizzle 4 tablespoons of ice water and mix just until it comes together… don't overwork the dough (use last tablespoon if needed).
- Shape dough to fit pie pan, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes..
- Replace plastic wrap with wax paper and use pie weights, a good layer dried beans or even rice. Place in middle rack of oven for 15 minutes..
- Remove wax paper and weights, beans or rice and continue to bake an additional 10 minutes to achieve a good color..
- Allow it to cool completely before adding pie filling..
- To make pumpkin pie filling:.
- Preheat oven to 425° Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin, sugar and spice. Gradually stir in evaporated milk..
- Pour in cooled pie crust, bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving..
Easy homemade pumpkin pie recipe made with pumpkin puree (canned or homemade), eggs, cream, sugar, and spices. With pumpkin pie, though, we love how the crust becomes moistened a little from the filling. The base of the crust browns, but where the filling and crust meet, it's soft and. This homemade pumpkin pie recipe is a flaky crust with a smooth and creamy pumpkin filling, all baked to perfection. Pumpkin pie is a classic dessert during the fall months, and this version is the best I've ever had!