Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Helen's Apple Crumble.
You can have Helen's Apple Crumble using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Helen's Apple Crumble
- It’s 6 of large tart cooking apples (eg. Granny Smith).
- Prepare 2 of lemons, zested & juiced.
- It’s 100 g of butter.
- You need 150 g of plain white flour.
- It’s 130 g of brown sugar.
Helen's Apple Crumble instructions
- Peel apples. Chop into quarters. Take out core. Slice apples..
- Add lemon juice and zested lemon peel. Mix well in a large bowl. Set aside..
- Cream the butter in a mixer. Sift flour into the mixer. Add brown sugar into the mixer. Mix until it turns into a dry crumbly texture (looks a bit like granola). If not enough – add in a bit of flour..
- Place the apples evenly in a dish (it fits perfectly in a 30cm diameter dish that is about 2 inches deep). Topple crumble mixture evenly. Here's a photo of the chef!.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Bake for 45-60 minutes until the top starts to brown. In this version, we opted for 60 minutes for maximum crunch and softened apples like sauce. Serve with ice cream!.