Jelly Rice pudding. Sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon, if desired. For creamier pudding, use short or medium grain rice.. Rice pudding is a dish made from rice mixed with water or milk and other ingredients such as cinnamon, vanilla and raisins.
Three-quarters of a cup of sago, washed and put into one quart of milk; put into a saucepan. The Best Jelly Pudding Recipes on Yummly Transfer the rice pudding into a one-quart charlotte dish (spray the dish with butter first). You can cook Jelly Rice pudding using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jelly Rice pudding
- Prepare 150 gms of rice (1 hour Soaked).
- You need 400 ml of milk.
- Prepare 2 of Cardamoms.
- Prepare 3-4 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 8 gms of China grass.
- You need 2 tablespoons of dry fruit(cashew and almond).
- You need of For jelly:.
- Prepare 90 gms of jelly powder (1 packet).
- You need 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 8-10 of cashews for garnishing.
Let it cool, cover and refrigerate. Rice pudding is a real classic, and so easy to bung in the oven on the weekend. Try our easy rice pudding recipes for maximum comfort factor. Rice pudding is a wonderful way to use up leftover rice.
Jelly Rice pudding step by step
- Soaked rice for 1 hour and drain from water and grind in a mixer to make a thick paste..
- Take a utensil and boil this paste in water (2 cups) untill the rice cook properly..
- Now add milk to it stir it add sugar, dry fruits, cardamom and keep stirring until consistency of milk become thick..
- Meanwhile soaked China grass in water for 10 minutes and boil it until the piece melt or become transparent then switch off the flame..
- Then add melted China grass into the kheer and boil it for 3 or 4 minutes switch off the flame and pour into the greasy mould and set for 1/2 hour. After that remove it from mould in a plate..
- For jelly-Take a utensil pour 3 cups of water and jelly powder and mix it well then boil the mixture until the crystal of jelly melt and switch off the flame and cool for 5 minutes pour jelly in liquid state over the rice pudding which we have prepared.set it in refrigerator for 1 hour..
- After 1 hour remove jelly pudding in plate garnish with cashews and cut into small piece and serve.Jelly rice pudding is ready to eat..
Served hot, it instantly becomes a comfort food on a cold, winter night; served cold, and it becomes a refreshing dessert on a hot, summer day. Layer rice pudding and jelly in a jar and set in the refrigerator to chill. Serve chilled, decorated with a dollop of Chantilly and fresh raspberries, if desired. We think rice pudding is wildly underrated. Often put in the category of boring vintage desserts along with jell-O molds and homemade pudding (another fave of ours), it's too easy and too delicious to fall.