Martabak/Indonesian style thick pancake with natural yeast.
You can have Martabak/Indonesian style thick pancake with natural yeast using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Martabak/Indonesian style thick pancake with natural yeast
- You need 100 gr of all purpose flour.
- You need 50 gr of sourdough starter (fed).
- You need 3-4 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 150 ml of milk.
- It’s pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 2 tbsp of melted butter/margarine.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 3 tbsp of ground nuts.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped chocolate/flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of extra butter.
Martabak/Indonesian style thick pancake with natural yeast step by step
- Mix the sourdough starter with milk (luke warm), add sugar and flour. Mix it well with whisk. Keep it aside for 30 minutes..
- After 30 minutes, mix in an egg and melted butter. Whisk it well..
- Heat non-stick pan, add little butter on the pan and swirl it around..
- Add 1/4 tsp baking soda into the batter. Mix it well..
- Lower the heat, pour in the batter into the pan. Cook it with low heat and cover the pan with a lid/plate..
- Cook it until air bubbles appear in the pancake. Sprinkle the extra sugar on it. Cover it again and cook it until well done..
- Using spatula and go around the rim of the pancake to ensure it is not stick on the pan and have a look on the bottom of the pancake..
- Cook it for around 10-12 minutes. When the bottom side is golden brown, the pancake is ready..
- Remove it out on the plate/cutting board..
- Smear extra butter on top of pancake, add choice of toppings such as chocolate, cheese, ground nuts, etc..
- Fold it into two and smear butter on top of it. Slice it..