Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Bread bun/ Brotchen. Many people have been writing to ask for German-style hard rolls. The most common are Brotchen (little breads). They're made from egg white-enriched white dough.
Bake along and enjoy baking with me. This recipe makes great dinner rolls & burger buns! See more ideas about food, recipes, bread. You can cook Bread bun/ Brotchen using 5 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bread bun/ Brotchen
- It’s of sourdough starter.
- It’s of water.
- It’s of bread flour/typ550.
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of salt.
Looking for a German bread rolls recipe that's reminiscent of the Brötchen you had in Germany? Oma's Brötchen ~ German Bread Rolls Recipe. ➤ by Oma Gerhild Fulson. The most common are Brotchen (little breads). First off, mix up a batch of our plain white-flour Master Recipe but make one variation: Put three egg whites into the bottom of the.
Bread bun/ Brotchen step by step
- Mix the sourdough starter with luke warm water. Stir it until it is dissolved..
- Add the bread flour. Mix it well..
- Let it autolyse in the bowl for 30 minutes. Cover the bowl with dry towel..
- Sprinkle the salt and olive oil. Mix it well..
- Bulk fermentation for 2 hours. Stretch and fold the dough once in each 30 minutes during the fermentation..
- Cover the bowl with wet towel and place it in the fridge overnight for 2nd cold fermentation in order to build aroma..
- The next day, take out the dough. On top counter, sprinkle little flour. Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces..
- Shape the dough into oval or round..
- Place the dough on the baking paper on top of baking tray..
- Cover the dough with wet towel..
- Proof the dough for another 60 minutes..
- While that, heat the oven for 220°C..
- Place a tin of 100 ml water at the bottom of oven, to give enough moisturizer to the bread..
- Poke the dough to check whether it is ready to be baked. If it is spring back slowly, the dough is ready to be baked..
- Score the bread deeply with razor/sharp knife..
- Place the baking tray in oven..
- Bake it 10-15 minutes with the water bath..
- After 15 minutes, remove out the water bath. Bake it for another 15-20 minutes..
- Switch off the oven, leave the bread in the oven for 5 minutes..
- Remove it out of oven, cool it down on a rack..
- Slice it after 1 hour..
- Enjoy the bread with any fillings..
The German brotchen is a hot milk bread that kneads together yielding a smoothly elastic dough. This makes great rolls and buns. The best is to eat it warm with your favorite cheese or jam. What bread would be good for that? Is there a certain style of bread/bun you have used that really goes well with your pulled pork?