Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sourdough Akkawi Manoushe.
You can cook Sourdough Akkawi Manoushe using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sourdough Akkawi Manoushe
- Prepare of For the dough:.
- You need of Active sourdough starter.
- It’s of Good quality white flour.
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s of Big pinch of salt.
- You need of For the topping:.
- You need of Akkawi cheese.
- You need of nigella seeds.
- You need of Equipment:.
- You need of Pizza stone.
Sourdough Akkawi Manoushe step by step
- Grate the Akkawi cheese into a bowl and cover with water. This will draw out some of the salt..
- Gather your dough ingredients..
- Make a well in the flour. Add the sourdough starter and incorporate..
- Incorporate the water bit by bit until you have a rough dough..
- Put some tunes on and set a timer for 15 minutes. The dough will be sticky at first but with time it will come away from the table. A great opportunity for some mindfulness – Be in the moment..
- After 15 minutes the dough should be smooth and soft. It should not stick to the back of your hand, if it does incorporate a little more flour. Put in a lightly floured bowl, cover and rest for a minimum of 10 minutes but ideally 30. Put your oven up to max and have a pizza stone in..
- Divide the dough into 3 even balls and shape out with your hands or a rolling pin. Make sure you have some flour down so they don’t stick..
- Take a pice of prepared dough and put on the pizza stone in the oven for 1 minute. Repeat for the others. This will Pre-Bake the base. I find this A) makes you life easier once toppings are added I.e it does not stick to the table and B) Gives you a crispier base.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and some nigella seeds (These bad boys add a wonderful flavour).
- Bake for 10 minutes each and enjoy!.