Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You can cook Sourdough pizza using 15 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sourdough pizza
- You need of Dough.
- You need 250 g of flour (type 00).
- Prepare 25 g of semolina.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 100 g of sourdough starter.
- It’s 160 ml of water.
- You need 25 g of olive oil.
- You need pinch of dried yeast.
- It’s of Toppings.
- It’s 1 tin of peeled tomatoes (pelati), 400 g (260 g net).
- You need 1 tbsp of oregano.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 200 g of buffalo mozarella.
- It’s of anything else is optional, e.g. prosciutto, rocket, salami, mushrooms, basil.
Sourdough pizza step by step
- Place all the ingredients for the dough into a bowl and mix until just combined..
- Cover the bowl, place it in the fridge, and let it ferment for 24 hours..
- Lightly dust the counter top with a bit of flour and scoop the dough out on top of it..
- Fold the dough into itself a few times until it starts to firm up a bit, then knock the air out of it by gently hitting it with your palm and pulling back with your fingers while slowly rotating the dough. Finally form a ball by tucking it in under itself while rotating..
- Divide the dough into 2 or 3 equal portions, depending on whether you want a slightly larger pizza or not..
- Roll the portions into small balls by gently pressing down on them with your palm while doing a circular motion on a lightly dusted counter top. Dust your hands with a bit of flour if they are too sticky, but don't use too much..
- Cover the dough portions with a kitchen cloth and let it prove for an hour to an hour and a half..
- Place a roasting tray upside-down into the oven, and crank the oven up as far as it will go to preheat it..
- While the dough is proving and oven pre-heating, prepare your toppings..
- Pour the tomatoes out of the tin and into a bowl, and add the salt and garlic. Use your hands to squash them, then strain the excess liquid. You can save the tomato juice to drink it later..
- Add the oregano to the tomatoes and mix..
- Slice the mozzarella into rings, about half a centimetre thick. Chop and/or prepare any other toppings you might be using..
- Dust a large cutting board with a mix of semolina and flour. Place one of the dough portions on the board. Be careful not to squash it all together, try to retain its natural shape while moving it to the board..
- Stretch the dough with your fingers from the middle outwards, to form a pizza base, leaving a thicker edge on the outside. If you tear a hole in the dough, just patch it up with a bit of excess dough..
- Spread half (or 1/3 depending on how many portions of dough you have) of the tomato sauce over the pizza base, space out the mozzarella slices, and add any of the additional toppings. Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil..
- Slide the pizza from the cutting board onto the upside-down tray in the oven. Bake for about 5 minutes on full heat..
- While the pizza is cooking, repeat steps 13-17 for the other pizza(s)..