Blackberry and apple 🍎 crumble. Raymond Blanc pre-cooks the crumble topping to avoid gluey, uncooked crumble and retain the texture of the fruit. Today we're making Blackberry and Apple Crumbles. Hey guys, it's me Elliott and I'm back again with another video for you.
Blackberry and apple crumble recipe at Waitrose.com. Visit the Waitrose website for more dessert recipes and ideas. Wash the blackberries and remove any leaves and stalks. You can have Blackberry and apple 🍎 crumble using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blackberry and apple 🍎 crumble
- You need of crumble topping ingredients.
- It’s 240 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 120 of butter unsalted.
- Prepare 120 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 60 g of butter.
- You need of for the apple and black berry compote.
- Prepare 600 g of apples.
- Prepare 60 g of unsalted butter room temp.
- You need 60 g of demerara sugar.
- You need 230 g of fresh blackberries.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s of vanilla ice cream to serve.
Peel, core and cut the apples into quarters, then halve again. This blackberry crumble is an easy berry crumble recipe with apples. You can't beat The Hairy Bikers' apple and blackberry crumble recipe with a dollop of hot and creamy custard this easy crumble is a classic. Here, they've landed on the perfect crumble recipe: the tartness of the warm, juicy fruit being offset by a sugary, crunchy topping.
Blackberry and apple 🍎 crumble instructions
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Tip 120g plain flour and 60g caster sugar into a large bowl.
- Add 60g unsalted butter, then rub into the flour using your fingertips to make a light breadcrumb texture. Do not overwork it or the crumble will become heavy.
- Meanwhile, for the compote, peel, core and cut 600g Braeburn apples into 2cm dice..
- Put 60g unsalted butter and 60g demerara sugar in a medium saucepan and melt together over a medium heat. Cook for 3 mins until the mixture turns to a light caramel..
- Stir in the apples and cook for 3 mins. Add 230g blackberries and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, and cook for 3 mins more..
- Cover, remove from the heat, then leave for 2-3 mins to continue cooking in the warmth of the pan..
- Spoon the warm fruit into a deep ovenproof dish, top with the crumble mix, then reheat in the oven for 20 mins. Serve with vanilla ice cream..
It will take just over an hour. Tart green apples and fresh sweet blackberries is a perfect combination in this family-favorite, English-inspired crumble dessert. An English dish, my mum's favorite and now the favorite for my family, it incorporates blackberries, apples, and a crumble topping that makes for great dessert. Apple and blackberry crumble is one of my wife's favourite crumble recipes. It makes it even better when you can get all the main ingredients from your own garden.