You can cook Thandai phirni using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thandai phirni
- You need 6-7 of cashews.
- You need 4 of almonds.
- It’s 4 of black peppercorns.
- Prepare 2-3 of pistachios (optional).
- It’s 1 of green cardamom.
- Prepare 8 of Saffron strands.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dried rose petals(optional).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of poppy Seeds.
- You need 1/8 tsp of fennel seeds.
- It’s of Pudding.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of rice flour, I use basmati rice.
- You need 2.5 cup of milk.
- Prepare 4 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need of For garnishing.
- It’s as needed of sliced pistachios, saffron or dried rose petals for garnish.
Thandai phirni step by step
- Thandai Blend: Grind the ingredients in a grinder, blender until a coarse mixture..
- Pudding: Blend the rice flour, 1 cup milk and the thandai blend. Blend for a minute, then let it rest for a minute, then blend again for a minute..
- Add the rice flour thandai mixture to a saucepan over medium heat. Add the rest of the milk, sugar, salt and mix in. Bring it to a boil. The mixture will start to get lumpy, keep stirring frequently and the lumps will incorporate in the pudding. Once smooth, cook for another minute. Once the mixture is very lumpy, you can reduce the heat to medium low to avoid sticking. It takes 10 – 12 minutes total..
- Cool the mixture to warm. Serve warm or chill, then garnish with sliced pistachios, saffron or dried rose petals..