Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You can have Classic Tiramisu using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic Tiramisu
- It’s of Zabaglione.
- It’s 6 of large egg yolks.
- You need 1/2 cup (110 g) of sugar.
- You need 1 tbs of Vanilla.
- You need of Tiramisu Mix.
- You need 2 cups (450 g) of mascarpone cheese.
- It’s of Or combine 2 cups (450g) cream cheese + 1/2 cup heavy cream + 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup (240 ml) of heavy cream.
- It’s 16 of ladyfingers (you can check my ladyfingers recipe).
- You need of Coffee Dip.
- Prepare 1 of espresso shot.
- It’s 3 tbs of sugar (optional).
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/8 tbs of nutmeg (optional).
- It’s of Topping.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Whipped heavy cream for garnish (optional).
- Prepare 4-5 tbs of dark coca powder.
- You need 4-5 tbs of grated dark chocolate (optional).
Classic Tiramisu instructions
- For preparing the zabaglione. On a double boiler beat eggs yolk, sugar, and vanilla (you can use an electric mixer or just a regular whisk) till the mix double in size and thickens in consistency, for about 15 mins..
- In a bowl beat the heavy cream till it form medium peaks..
- Add the cheese to the zabaglione and mix very well.. ensure no clumps are formed..
- Then add the mix to the whipped heavy cream and fold gentle to keep that soft fluffy texture..
- In a approximately 6 cups/ 28x18x5 cm baking pan, add the first layer of ladyfingers dipped on both side in the coffee dip for few sec, then a layer of the tiramisu mix.. repeat the layers of ladyfingers and tiramisu mix..
- Garnish with whipped heavy cream (optional), stiff coca powder and some grated chocolate..
- Leave to rest in the fridge overnight or at least 8 hours before serving. It can be stored 2 weeks in the freezer and just take out an hour before before serving..