Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Rhubarb & Apple Crumble.
You can cook Rhubarb & Apple Crumble using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rhubarb & Apple Crumble
- Prepare 100 g of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ground Ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of All Spice.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- It’s 4 stalks of Rhubarb.
- You need 4 of Apples.
- Prepare 1 of Orange.
- It’s 50 g of nuts (I used almonds & walnuts).
- Prepare 100 g of flour.
- Prepare 100 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 100 g of oatmeal.
- It’s 200 g of Butter.
Rhubarb & Apple Crumble instructions
- Mix the brown sugar & the spices.
- Trim the rhubarb and dice into inch long pieces. Core & peel the apples and cut into eights. Combine with the sugar & spices in an ovenable casserole/pie dish.
- Grate and juice the orange and add to the fruits. Bake in a hot oven (approx. 200c) for 20 minutes to get the fruit cooking.
- Blitz the nuts and add to the caster sugar, flour and oatmeal, mixing until evenly spread. Finally dice the butter and add to the dry ingredients. Work the butter and dry ingredients between your fingertips, making sure not to melt the butter.
- When it looks like breadcrumbs, top the part cooked fruit loosely and put back in the oven for 20-30 minutes (until golden brown) and serve with custard or ice cream.