Sourdough Crackers or Breadsticks with Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Herbs.
You can have Sourdough Crackers or Breadsticks with Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Herbs using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sourdough Crackers or Breadsticks with Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Herbs
- It’s of 200 grams sourdough starter – 100% hydration.
- Prepare of 60g plain flour.
- It’s of 60g wholemeal flour.
- It’s of 15g rye flour.
- It’s of 40g extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of 1 tablespoon dried herbs de Provence or any other herbs you like.
- You need of 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt.
- It’s of Flake salt or nigella seeds for topping.
Sourdough Crackers or Breadsticks with Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Herbs step by step
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix till well combined..
- Roll into a smooth ball and wrap in clingfilm before placing in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. The dough can be left in the fridge for up to 1 day..
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (fan) and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper..
- Cut the dough in half and wrap the remaining dough in the cling film to avoid it drying out. Cut the dough you are working with in half again..
- IF MAKING CRACKERS: Using a rolling pin, roll the dough as thin as possible..
- I use a round cookie cutter to cut the crackers into circles but you can make them any shape you like..
- IF MAKING BREADSTICKS: Take a walnut size piece of dough and gently roll on a work surface until you get a long breadstick shape about 1 cm thickness..
- Carefully place the crackers/breadsticks onto the baking sheets and either lightly brush or spray with water before sprinkling the salt flakes or nigella seeds..
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15 mins, or until they are a light brown colour. (Check after 12-13 minutes).
- Whilst the first batch is cooking you can start preparing the second batch so they are ready to go in the over as soon as the first batch comes out..
- Place on a cooling rack and repeat the process with the remaining crackers/breadsticks..