Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cannellini & Collards Pasta (Vegetarian).
You can cook Cannellini & Collards Pasta (Vegetarian) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cannellini & Collards Pasta (Vegetarian)
- You need 8 of oz, Pasta (Shell or Orecchiette).
- It’s 4 of cup, Vegetable Stock.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, smashed and minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce (vegan if desired).
- It’s 1.00 of tbsp, Bacos.
- You need 1 lb of Collard Greens stripped and cut into strips.
- Prepare 15.50 of fluid ounce, Cannellini Beans.
- You need 0.25 of tsp(s), red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 of tsp., Kosher Salt.
- It’s 0.5 oz of Pecorino or Vegan Parmesan.
Cannellini & Collards Pasta (Vegetarian) step by step
- Put the pasta in a small bowl and cover with 1 1/2 cups of vegetable stock or water, stirring occasionally to make sure the pasta isn’t clumping together..
- In the bottom of a medium pot, heat the olive oil on medium-low, and add the onion with a small pinch of salt, sweating until translucent. Add the garlic, stirring, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes..
- Add the bacos, worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes and cracked black pepper; cook briefly and stir to combine, 1 minute..
- Add the collard greens and stir until wilted. Add small amounts of vegetable broth as needed to prevent burning or sticking, allowing collards to absorb the flavors of the sautee. Then add the remaining broth and a big pinch of salt and black pepper. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to maintain an active simmer..
- Once simmering, Add the beans and cook, partially covered, until the liquid has reduced to about 1 cup and the greens are tender and silky, 40 to 45 minutes. Taste the greens and add more salt/pepper as needed. (You want it to be very well seasoned at this point, so the liquid and greens can season the pasta.).
- Add the pasta along with the soaking liquid and simmer, stirring constantly, until the pasta is al dente, 3 to 5 minutes..
- Remove from heat. Add the pecorino (or vegan parmesan), the butter (or margarine), and stir well to combine. Taste and add more salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes if needed..